Sunday, November 29, 2020

Collaborating with Moonlite Diner



 From the beginning, we knew we wanted to film at Moonlite Diner. This diner has a nice retro interior and exactly the vibe we want to associate our film with.everyone in our group knows this diner and where it is. It is also one of the only diners we know around us. We obviously knew that we couldn't just walk into the diner and film, we needed approval. The first thing we did was have me call and ask if we could film. I was told, by an employee that in order to film/ask questions about anything, we would have to go to the diner's website and fill out a form with our questions. Joaquina composed the email (the form) and sent it to the diner. We didn't get an answer for about a week, so we decided to try again, but still with no luck. My group and I decided it would just be best for me to go to the diner and ask for the manager. After asking the manager, he told me he would ask the owner and then he'd call me back. He assumed it would be fine, as long as we didn't film on the weekend which are their busiest days. We didn't get an answer for a few days so I called again and asked for the manager, he told me that the owner approved but still wanted to talk to me on the phone. He called me and we discussed my group's plans and when we were considering filming. He asked about our film and I told him it was about an LGBTQ+ experience and he loved it. We learned that he usually charges people if they want to film, but that he would let us film for free. The owner's only requirement was that we didn't film on a weekend and that we took photos of the diner for him to use for the website. My group and I agreed to do such. The whole Moonlite Diner staff was so accommodating and my group and I are already excited to work with them. Now that we officially are filming at Moonlite, we can't wait to start filming and create a wonderful short film.



No comments:

Post a Comment